The medium-strength threadlocker Loctite 243 is your problem solver for loose screws with metric threads. The blue thread-locking adhesive secures screws, but also nuts and studs to prevent loosening due to vibration, such as caused by engines or gear mechanisms. In addition, the medium-strength threadlocker also seals the thread.
When assembling screw-on magnets and magnet systems, apply one or two drops of Loctite 243 to the thread of the screw. The sealant can be easily and cleanly applied thanks to the narrow bottle opening. This also works great with our hooks, eyelets and eyebolts. At 22 °C, the blue threadlocker reaches its functional hardness after two hours.
The cured Loctite 243 threadlocker
- is durable and temperature resistant from -55 °C to +180 °C.
- has a breakaway torque of 26 mn.
- offers a minor tolerance to industrial oils.
- is suitable for all thread types made of metal, stainless steel and aluminium up to size M36.
- can be dismantled with standard tools.
- is resistant to vibration.
Detailed information on curing times and temperature stability can be found in the Loctite 243 Technical Data Sheet