Here is my magnet application, which is not only particularly original and useful but also creative and highly aesthetic: the magnetic spice rack, guaranteed to turn heads and difficult to surpass in practicality.
It is easy to make:
- Select a steel plate of a suitable size, paint it if necessary to match your kitchen and screw it onto the wall.
- Get round 100-ml wide mouth glass containers with Bakelite screw caps.
- Hide a disc magnet 20x5 mm
under the plastic lining of each cap.
- Fill the glass container with a spice of your choice and screw it shut tightly.
- Label the glass if necesssary with a waterproof marker or sticker.
- Let the filled glass hop onto the steel plate with an audible pop.
You can now sort your spices however you like: by colour, filling level, grain size, frequency of use, expiration date, etc.
Have fun making your own spice rack!